Accounting and Finance for Managers - Level 1
- Course Code: AFB101A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2675
Introduction to Accounting
- The two forms of accounting: financial accounting and management accounting
- The regulatory and conceptual framework
- Qualitative characteristics of useful financial information
- Types of business entity
- The annual report and financial statements
Accounting Concepts and Systems
- Statement of comprehensive income (income statement)
- Statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Statement of cash flows
- Preparing a set of financial statements
- The income statement: cost of sales working
- Underlying concepts: measurement rules and fundamental accounting concepts
- Three further property, plant and equipment issues
- Recording accounting information
Financial Analysis: Part 1
- Financial statement analysis for investment purposes
- Other users and their needs
- Horizontal analysis and trend analysis
- Vertical analysis
- Ratio analysis
- Weaknesses and limitations
Financial Analysis: Part 2
- The drive for information
- Stakeholder management
- Corporate social responsibility reporting
- Earnings announcements, conference calls and investor presentations
- Media relations: press releases and newspaper coverage
- Social media and internet bulletins
- Business planning and control: the role of budgets
- The budget-setting process
- Basic steps of preparing a budget
- Budgeting in different types of organisation
- Limitations and problems with budgeting
- Improving business planning and budgeting
This finance for non finance training course is suitable for:
- Managers who wish to improve their analytical skills and use accounting and finance tools for managerial advantage.
- Those who wish to understand and use accounting knowledge for operational and management decision making.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The role of the financial accountant and the information which they prepare.
- The relationship between the statement of financial position, income statement and statement of cash flows.
- The elements and structure of the annual report and primary financial statements.
- The conceptual and regulatory framework of accounting.
- What information the financial statements cannot provide.
- Key elements of an accounting system.
- Different types of accounting adjustment.
- The impact of accounting adjustment on reported results.
- How to prepare basic primary financial statements.
- The main aspects of performance which can be evaluated through financial statements.
- How to apply horizontal, trend, vertical and ratio analysis to the financial statement contained within an organization’s annual report.
- How to evaluate a company from the viewpoint of current and potential investors as well as other stakeholders.
- That financial information is communicated through varying means and in different forms.
- That corporate communication may be factually accurate but it might be presented, written or distributed in a way that sends out information signals.
- The role of budgeting within the business planning process.
- Different approaches to budgeting.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
Program taught in:
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 22, 2018
This course is
July 8, 2019
Nov 11, 2019