This course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to perform in-depth analysis for a project during the planning and the implementation phases.
Participants in this interactive course will learn all the critical tools and techniques required to make decisions to optimize the successful execution of a project in a dynamic environment
- The skill and confidence to use a practical project planning technique.
- The ability to determine if a project can truly be delivered on time and in budget.
- An understanding of how to discover the risks necessary to meet a constrained delivery date.
- The confidence to communicate project “trade-offs” clearly.
- Set attainable goals with clients, managers, and project team members.
- The knowledge of how to record actual project progress and then use the project baseline to spot and manage variance.
- The ability to “frame” your questions when analyzing the project plan to spot hidden variances
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for professionals who now, or in the future, will be leading or be a part of a project team. This includes project managers, team leaders, persons whose principal responsibility is as a technology contributor but who will be part of project teams, and anyone needing in-depth knowledge of how to plan and control a project.
Project and Portfolio Management
- Portfolio, program, and project management overview
- Planning and control using appropriate life cycle
- Managing matrix resources
- The role of the project manager and skills required
- A framework for planning and control
Project Initiation and Planning
- Planning and control starts with the project charter
- Exercise: Rank project using constraints flexibility assessment
- Roles and responsibility Exercise: Develop a RASCI chart
Organizing and Conducting
- Define the project scope
- Design the work breakdown structure
- Identify project activities Estimating Activity Duration
- Estimating techniques
- Reserve management
- Balance effort/duration and allocation
Constructing and Analyzing the Project Network
- Scheduling techniques
- Milestones and Gantt charts
- Network diagrams
Constructing and Analyzing / Resource Leveling
- Applying accelerating techniques
- Resource scheduling and availability conflict management techniques
- Exercise: Resolve an over-allocation problem using the least risk option
Monitor and Control Progress
- Measuring and reporting progress (project governance)
- Establishing a project dashboard
- Exercise: Design a dashboard report
- Earned value for tracking and forecasting time/cost
- Closing Exercise: How techniques learned can be applied upon return to the workplace
About the School
At CONVERTAS, we organize training courses in all areas of business including Management, HR Management, Marketing, Finance, Procurement and Logistics, targeting organizations, managers and employees. ... Read More