An intensive, fast-track qualification programme
Develop specific knowledge and understanding in the area of coaching and mentoring by reviewing, questioning and considering solutions to meet strategic business needs.
This programme has been specifically designed for busy practitioners who recognise the value of achieving a postgraduate level CIPD qualification. You need only attend one week of face-to-face workshops with the remaining support and submission being completed by phone or online within four weeks of the workshop.
Who is it for
This programme is aimed at delegates who:
- are senior enough to make strategic decisions and/ or have a level of influence that will impact other key stakeholders
- have a good level of coaching and mentoring experience and knowledge – ideally 3 years
- are working for an organisation that has a real need to introduce and /or improve coaching and mentoring initiatives
- are keen to have all the face-to-face workshops completed in a one week block, so the programme can be very suitable for practitioners working outside the UK.
Please note: this programme is not aimed at any delegates who want to improve their individual coaching skills or work as an internal coach or mentor.
On completion of the programme, you will be able to:
- critically assess a range of models and frameworks of coaching and mentoring
- demonstrate and apply an informed and critical understanding of psychological theories and concepts informing design and use of coaching and of mentoring, including a range of theories related to learning, emotional intelligence and personal and organisational change and development
- design and implement organisation-based coaching strategies and mentoring strategies and programmes, taking account of a range of contextual factors
- understand how to provide professional and effective coaching services and mentoring services in a range of organisational, professional and personal contexts
- act ethically and professionally with a demonstrated commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity in coaching and mentoring practice and to continuous personal and professional development.
PRE-WORK- you will be required to complete around 10 hours of pre-reading or pre-work before attending this programme. Please ensure you factor this into your time.Pre-work will be available on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). VLE access details will be sent to you 2-3 weeks from the start date. Please note if you are a late booker, access may be delayed slightly, however pre-work will be sent to you via e-mail.
- Coaching and Mentoring Models and Frameworks
- Learning & Psychological Theory
- Psychological Concepts
- Communication and Relationships
- Organisational Models and Cultural Considerations
- Resources & ROI
- Coach Skills and Competencies
- Professional Practice
- Equality & Diversity
- Code of Ethics
- Assessment 2 Briefing
- Assessment 1 – Coaching and MentoringPresentations
- Session 1 – Individual Formative Assessments
- Session 2 – Feedback & Reflective Review
- Session 3 – Programme Overview and next steps
- exercises and activities held throughout workshops to share knowledge and understanding of coaching and mentoring approaches and explore organisational factors and contexts
- a presentation on the topic of coaching and / or mentoring that you will be expected to prepare for throughout the week.
- a 3,000 – 3,500 word written assignment which must be completed four weeks after the face-to-face element of the programme.
On successful completion of the programme, you’ll be awarded the CIPD Advanced Level 7 Award in Human Resources, along with a certificate to show your expertise in coaching and mentoring.
How to Gain
To be awarded the qualification, you must:
- attend five, face-to-face workshop days, which are completed in a one week block
- complete the workshop exercises and activities, including a presentation
- successfully complete a written assignment.
About the CIPD
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives.
We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than100 years. Through our expertise and research we provide a valuable point of view on the rapidly changing world of work. And for our members we’re career partner of choice, setting professional standards and providing the know-how to drive the HR and L&D professions forward.
We’re independent and not-for-profit and hold a highly respected royal Charter. We exist to make work and working lives better. And at a time of unprecedented change we have the vision, agility and strength to make a real difference to our members, to businesses, to the economy and to all working people.
Why study with CIPD Training?
CIPD Training is one of the UK's largest providers of HR and L&D training for businesses and professionals, and our programmes are developed and run by some of the UK’s leading experts.
We offer learning solutions that enable HR and L&D practitioners, HR and L&D departments, and line managers across the organisation, to build their capability, and thus drive the performance of their organisation through great people management and development practices.
Full Up-front Qualification Fee £3,495 + VAT
Fees include all tuition, personal tutor support and telephone coaching, assessment, course materials and access to the dedicated Virtual Learning Environment. They do not include travel, accommodation or Award Registration Fee, mandatory for all candidates who are not already CIPD members.
Membership is not mandatory to complete this programme; however we strongly recommend coming into Affiliate Membership in order to benefit from the full range of CIPD resources available to members.
You have five weeks to complete the requirements of the programme, including the written assignment. Please note the duration of the programme does not include final marking, moderation and certification.
Please contact CIPD Training for the next start date
Program taught in: