Cambridge exams are recognised worldwide and are widely accepted by companies as proof of a certain level of English. The Advanced Certificate in English (CAE) is widely accepted as proof of English language skills for university entry, especially in the UK, and is accepted by more than 2700 organisations around the world.
Exam preparation courses are the right choice for:
- students who need to prove that they have a high level of English for work, study or emigration purposes;
- students who enjoy the challenge of a focussed course with clear goals;
- students who are at a strong intermediate level or above when they start their exam preparation course;
- students who are able to do one to two hours of homework a day to complement the course lessons.
Experienced teachers, small class sizes and personal attention to all students ensure a high pass rate for the Cambridge exams.
This exam preparation course is a full-day course. It is highly intensive and participants are required to do homework and self-study in the afternoons. In order to pass the exam, it is expected that students attend all lessons and complete homework that is given.
Minimum levels required
All applicants are required to complete a Cambridge placement test to ensure that their level is high enough.
The required minimum levels are:
- Cambridge English: First (FCE): Strong Intermediate to Upper Intermediate level (B1+/B2)
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Strong Upper Intermediate to Advanced level (B2+/C1)
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): Strong Advanced to Proficiency level (C1/C2)
The exam can be written in Cape Town.
Where possible, exams take place in the last week of the course. Therefore, you can return home on the Sunday of your last course week. Where this is not possible, an extra week of accommodation after the course is required for the exam. Please see the price list regarding which courses require an additional week of accommodation and which do not.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 28, 2018