The Cal Poly Pomona Conditional Admission Program allows future CPELI students the opportunity to apply for a guaranteed admission spot for the Fall term 2017, on the condition that the student meets all of the eligibility guidelines, completes CPELI Level 5, and maintains his/her SEVIS record with CPELI for the duration of his/her studies prior to entering the university. All applications are subject to approval by the Cal Poly Pomona Office of Admissions and Outreach.
- Recent First-Time-Freshman applicants only;
- Completion of a comprehensive pattern of college preparatory study with grades of “C” or better in all subjects is required;
- Grade point average of B/3.0 or better (A=4.0) for study since 10th grade is required
- Official high school transcripts/marksheets need to be provided for each year of study since 9th grade; official copies of high school graduation certificate/diploma are also required if applicable; and official documents in languages other than English must include certified English translation.
- Students must place in Level 2 or higher at CPELI during the Fall or Summer 2016 quarter.
- Students must be enrolled at CPELI for three consecutive terms, beginning with Fall 2016 quarter, which begins September 14th, 2016.
List of Majors for Conditional Admission
- Hospitality Management
- Agribusiness & Food Industry Management
- Agricultural Science
- Apparel Merchandising & Management
- Food Science & Technology
- Foods & Nutrition
- Plant Science
- Computer Information Systems
- Finance, Real Estate & Law
- International Business
- Marketing Management
- Technology & Operations Management
- Gender, Ethic, & Multicultural Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Art History
- Graphic Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban & Regional Planning
- Music (Music Education Option)
- Music (Music Performance Option)
- Political Science
- Science, Technology & Society
- Kinesiology (Pedagogy Option)
About the School
The Cal Poly English Language Institute (CPELI) specializes in English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction and academic preparation for international students who plan to continue their higher educ ... Read More