Are you interested in transferring to a four-year college or university and earning a bachelor’s degree? Students may wish to earn an Associate of Arts and apply their studies toward a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field at a four-year college or university. Students need courses that will facilitate their transfer to four-year institutions of their choice. Please consult with a NIACC counselor for assistance in determining a schedule to meet your goal. The Business Division’s highest priority is to assist students in reaching their individual educational goals. Each instructor is dedicated to providing the highest quality instruction to facilitate this process.
- ENG-105 Composition I
- MAT-102 Intermediate Algebra*
- BCA-101 Intro to Computers and Information Systems
- Humanities class
- Social Science Class
- SDV-199 College Essentials
- ENG-106 Composition II
- MAT-140 Finite Math (if needed)***
- Humanities Class
- Science class
- ACC-111 Intro to Accounting (if needed or elective)
- ACC-121 Principles of Accounting I
- ECN-120 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MAT-156 Intro to Statistics
- SPC-112 Public Speaking
- General Education Elective**
- ACC-122 Principles of Accounting II
- ECN-130 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MAT-161 Business Statistics
- Humanities class
- General Education Elective*
*Appropriate math level needed before enrolling in any math class. **See NIACC catalog for list of General Education courses. ***Check with transfer institution. Note: Please check with transfer institution for their specific requirements or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for further transfer planning. AA Degree meets the General Education Requirements for the College of Liberal Arts at most transfer institutions.
- Check with transfer institution for Foreign Language Requirement.
- Admission requirements vary from institution to institution. Contact the transfer institution or check with a NIACC counselor/advisor for assistance.
- Suggested schedule dependent on the entry level of student.
Note: It is recommended that Business core classes not be taken on the web for the College of Business at the University of Northern Iowa Note: The University of Iowa requires MAT-165 Calculus (Business Calculus) for the prerequisite course for the College of Business. Note: For accounting majors at the U of Iowa, a 2.67 (B-) cumulative GPA is required in Accounting 121 and Accounting 122 with a 2.75 prerequisite GPA and 3.0 cumulative GPA and pass a writing assessment. Suggested Electives:
- Business Law I
- Principles of Management
Suggested General Education Electives:
- College Algebra
- Calculus (for Business)
This school offers programs in: