Evidence from capacity needs assessment carried out in the sub-region indicated gaps in management and administration, especially at the supervisory level. This makes the need for skills enhancement in management and administration more imperative considering the issues of managing the present and the future "Fluid knowledge worker" in an increasingly competitive planning and operating environment. The diploma in human resource management program will, therefore, inculcate into students the competencies in management and administration to address a capacity gap identified. DHRM thus aims at improving and imparting intermediate knowledge, skills and positive attributes in human resource management to candidates so that at the end of the course, they will be able to carry out supervisory functions in business administrative duties in their organizations.
Further, the program provides the opportunity for graduates who may wish to enroll for further studies to Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (BHRM) or other bachelor’s degree hence creating a multi-entry source to the program.
The DHMA program is offered in the evenings from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm. These classes will run for two to three weeks in every two and a half to three months.
The evening class DHRM is offered in the ESAMI member countries in the following venues:- Arusha, Mwanza, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; Nairobi, Kenya; Kampala, Uganda; Lusaka, Zambia; Lilongwe and Blantyre, Malawi; Harare, Zimbabwe; Windhoek and Oshakati, Namibia; Mbabane, Swaziland; Maputo, Mozambique; Mahe, Seychelles.
The total fee for the program is US$ 4,000. Advance payment are made annually or per semester by arrangement. The fee covers tuition and limited materials. It does not include textbooks among other exclusions.
Candidates eligible for Masters programs must possess the following qualifications:
- A' Level certificate
- At least O' Level and Post-secondary school certificates (NTA Level 5) from recognized institutions
- Ability to speak and write English clearly
The candidate must submit an application form with the following:
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcript (statement of results)
- Current curriculum vitae
- At least one letter of recommendation from a current employer or sponsor or from a person who is in a position to judge the candidate’s ability
- A non-refundable processing fee of US$20.
All documents accompanying the application must be in English
- GMT06101 General Management
- HRT06202 Human Resource Policies
- HRT06203 Labor Relations
- HRT06204 Job Analysis, Job Description and Job Evaluation
- HRT06105 Human Resource Planning
- HRT06106 Recruitment and Selection
- HRT06107 Training and Development
- HRT06108 Performance Management
- HRT06109 Rewards Management
- HRT06210 Basics Skills Management
- HRT06111 Basic Communication Skills
- RMT06212 Field Practice
About the School
About us The Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI) is an intergovernmental regional management development centre. ESAMI's head office is located in Arusha, Tanzania. The institute... Read More