(Offered at all campuses)
To prepare students to meet the Florida State Board of Cosmetology mandated requirements to become a licensed Nail Technician.
CLOCK HOURS: 240
The Nail Technician program prepares students to become trained professionals in a growing industry. Students participate in a hands-on program of instruction in all areas of nail care, including practical application, related theory, infectious control, and customer service. The program is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge to provide basic manicures. Students may exercise their artistic talents with creative projects in nail design. Students will gain expertise that will equip them to work in nail salons, hotel spas, cruise ships, and at other nail service providers.
- HIV104 HIV/AIDS (4 Hours)
- NT101 PROFESSIONAL IMAGE (25 Hours)
- NT102 NAIL TIPS & WRAPS (25 Hours)
- NT103 UV GELS (25 Hours)
- NT104 ARTIFICAL NAIL REMOVAL (10 Hours)
- NT105 MONOMER LIQUIDS & POLYMER POWDER (25 Hours)
- NT106 NAIL FILL-INS (10 Hours)
- NT107 NAIL DISEASES & DISORDERS (25 Hours)
- NT108 INFECTION CONTROL: PRINCIPLES & PRACTICES (25 Hours)
- NT109 FLORIDA LAW FOR NAILS (5 Hours)
- NT110 POLISH & NAIL ART (11 Hours)
- NT111 MANICURING (25 Hours)
- NT112 PEDICURING (25 Hours)
- ARTIFICIAL NAIL REMOVAL (5 Services)
- EVENTS (3 Services)
- MANICURE (20 Services)
- NAIL FILL-INS (10 Services)
- NAIL WRAPS AND/OR MENDING (10 Services)
- PEDICURE (10 Services)
- POLISHING & NAIL ART (10 Services)
- SANITATION (95 Services)
- SCULPTING USING A FORM (15 Services)
- TIPS WITH OVERLAY (15 Services)
All hours and services are those required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).
Note: All programs are taught in a cycle. Students are able to start at any point of the cycle and still fulfill all program requirements.
Milady’s Standard Nail Technology Textbook.
Equipment / Materials
Students will receive a uniform, an equipment bag, and a nail kit with all the necessary instruments and materials to perform the required services.
After a student completes 240 hours, services, exams and fulfills all financial obligations to the school, a diploma will be awarded.
Completion time depends on the number of hours the student attends weekly. Based on a 30 hour per week schedule, the normal time frame of completion would be 2 ½ months.
Method of Payment
Tuition and fee payments may be arranged on a weekly or monthly basis. The first payment is due on the first day of class, and on the same day of every week or month thereafter.
Cost of Attendance for the entire program:
|Tuition||Fees||Books & Supplies||Total|
|$ 750.00||$100.00||$ 275.00||$ 1,125.00|
Note: The placement rate was calculated using the accrediting agency formula.
About the School
Beauty Schools of America® provide students with high quality beauty industry training programs covering the limitless areas of the beauty and spa industry.