About Our Program
INTERLINK Language Centers at Indiana State University (ISU) has been helping students achieve their personal and professional goals since 1987. Located in Terre Haute, Indiana, INTERLINK offers intensive English instruction, academic preparation, and cross-cultural orientation for students, scholars, and professionals on a year-round basis. The program prepares students for challenging careers, and provides the tools and skills needed to achieve success in the 21st century. Upon graduation, many students go on to study in academic programs at ISU or other area universities. INTERLINK helps with university placement and conditional admission to assure a successful and memorable educational experience in the United States. INTERLINK’s curriculum is rigorous. Its six levels, offered in 9-week sessions, involve in- and out-of class assignments in listening, speaking, reading, writing, and projects which require active student participation. Students enjoy full access touniversity facilities, including opportunities to meet students and professors, audit or take classes for credit. Program field trips enable students to learn firsthand about the state and local community. Of particular benefit to students is the representation of many cultures in the program. In a diverse environment, students learn more about the world, and in the process, about themselves. Academically qualified students enjoy the convenience of receiving conditional admission prior to starting their language program at INTERLINK. At INTERLINK, we strive to assure a memorable and transformative educational experience for international students. If you are looking for an English as a Second Language program, especially if you plan to study at an American university, we hope you will consider attending INTERLINK at ISU.
How to Apply
1. To apply you need all of the following:
- A completed application form
- An official copy of your high school or university grades
- An official financial support statement from your bank, sponsor or guardian, certifying that you have at least US $6,000 available for your first term at INTERLINK
- $100.00 non-refundable application fee
- If you plan to stay in a university residence hall, you will need to submit a room security deposit by check, wire or credit card. The deposit amount for Indiana State University is $20 (non-refundable)
- If you plan to stay with a host family (available on a limited basis), read about homestays and fill out a homestay form.
- A copy of your passport (identity page)
- Before applying to INTERLINK, carefully read the Admission Policy Statement.
- Submit all materials online or by fax or post
2. Payment Options Payments can be made using a credit card at https://interlink.edu/online-payment/ or by submitting a credit card authorization form.
Your application will not be processed until the application fee and (non-refundable) express mail fee, if applicable, are received.
3. Fill out the application If you wish to submit your application on the Internet, click here for the On-Line Application. If you prefer, you can download and print the student application here (PDF version or Word version), fill it out with a pen, and send it by fax of post. On the application form, write your name exactly as it appears on your passport. If possible, send or fax a copy of your passport. Apply as early as possible to assure visa is obtained on time.
4. What happens next? After we receive all your application materials, we will inform you if you have been accepted into the program. Accepted applicants will receive documents and detailed instructions about obtaining a student visa. If you have questions or need assistance during the application process, contact us. For additional information for international students planning to study in the United States, visit the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website and click on Department of State visas for information about student visas (F-1).
OrientationUpon arrival, all INTERLINK students receive a three-day orientation to the program, campus and city of Terre Haute. A representatve from ISU Housing answers students’ questions about campus housing options and policies, a representative from the bank on campus assists students who desire to open a bank account, and ISU and INTERLINK students give a campus tour.Health ServicesINTERLINK students have full access to the university health center. Students on student visas are required by ISU and the State of Indiana to have medical insurance. The cost of the INTERLINK plan is $393 per 9 week term. If students are covered by other plans, that coverage must be equal to or better than that of the INTERLINK plan, and the provider must have offices located in the United States. Students are required to show proof of that their own insurance meets these requirements.Cost & Fees
- Application Fee $100
- Full Time Tuition $3,000
- Part Time Tuition $1,830
- Health Insurance $393 (9 weeks)
- Housing Application & Deposit $170
- Room and Board in Dorm $1,902 (estimate)
- University Apartment $650/month (estimate)
- Homestay Application Fee $200
- Homestay $600/month (estimate)
- Recreation Center Fee (optional) $50
Above fees do not include books (approximately $100/term), personal expenses, transportation, or expenses for dependents (about $500/month each). Please contact the center if you have any questions.
|Spring I, 2017||January 9 - March 10|
|Spring II, 2017||March 20 - May 19|
|Summer, 2017||May 30 - July 28|
|Fall I, 2017||August 7 - October 6|
|Fall II, 2017||October 16 - December 15|
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 6, 2018