Financial Management in the Public Sector – Level 2
- Course Code: PS105B
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2725
- Creating a cash budget
- Determining the optimal cash balance
Financial Reporting and Analysis: The Statement of Net Assets
- What information is in the statement of net assets?
- The accounting process
- Principles that govern accounting practices
Financial Reporting and Analysis: The Statement of Activities
- What information is in the statement of activities?
- Accounting bases
Financial Reporting and Analysis: Fund-Level Statements
- Governmental funds
- Proprietary funds
- Fiduciary funds
Financial Condition Analysis (FCA)
- What is financial condition analysis?
- Determining measures in FCA
- Identifying any warning trend of deteriorating financial condition
- Specifying the relationship
- Explaining the relationship
- FCA report writing
- Financial and budget personnel in governments.
- Anyone who is interested in governmental finance.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a cash budget.
- Determine an optimal cash balance.
- Use the optimal cash balance in cash management decision making.
- Understand key elements in the statement of net assets.
- Understand the accounting process.
- Use the information in the statement of net assets in financial analysis.
- Understand key elements in the statement of activities.
- Understand the concept of accounting basis.
- Apply the information in the statement of activities in financial analysis.
- Understand the use of funds in governments.
- Understand key elements in fund-level statements.
- Use the information in fund-level statements in financial analysis.
- Know what financial condition analysis is.
- Determine measures to assess financial condition.
- Identify any warning trend of a deteriorating financial condition.
- Specify relationships in financial condition analysis.
- Explain relationships in financial condition analysis.
- Write a financial condition analysis report.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
Program taught in:
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 23, 2018
This course is
July 8, 2019
July 8, 2019
Nov. 11, 2019