The Graduate Certificate Program in Nonprofit Leadership provides a unique opportunity to pursue a theoretically based and practically oriented education in leadership for nonprofit professional throughout West Michigan. The program offers local nonprofit managers the current professional skills and perspectives required to do their work more effectively in the rapidly changing nonprofit sector of society.
The Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership is specifically designed for the seasoned nonprofit manager who has an advanced degree or an undergraduate degree and a number of years of professional experience. It is intended for those holding or seeking executive positions who wish to further their education but may not want or be able to pursue a complete graduate degree at this time. However, courses taken in the certificate program may be applied toward the Master of Public Administration degree at a later date.
Applicants to the Graduate Certificate Program Nonprofit Leadership must:
- Apply to the School of Public and Nonprofit Administration.
- Hold an advanced degree or a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work.
- Have at least three years of professional experience in nonprofit organizations.
- Submit official transcripts,an application essay,and three letters of recommendation.
Required Courses (15 credit hours)
- One-Credit Workshops
- PA 550 Introductory Workshop
- PA 551 Mid-point Workshop
- PA 552 Capstone Workshop
- PA 661 Nonprofit Management Practices
- PA 662 Nonprofit Resource and Financial Management
- PA 663 Nonprofit Organization and Public Policy
- PA 665 Nonprofit Boards,Trustees,and Governance
About the School
Seidman is the dynamic growing business school located in the heart of greater Grand Rapids business community. The 68 full-time Ph.D. faculty are dedicated to helping our students and our business pa ... Read More