This noncredit certificate program is designed for corporate professionals with demanding schedules who wish to learn about topics such as financial markets, financial statement analysis, international corporate finance, insurance and risk management, investment anomalies, and funding company growth.
The Philosophy of the Program
We are here to help you learn. We welcome questions in class discussions and want you to feel free to talk with professors after class. We will make every effort to help you obtain the information and develop the skills that you need.
Supplementary readings for all class lectures are provided to allow you to explore your topics of interest in greater depth.
There are a variety of perspectives on finance, and many financial issues can be approached in different ways. Therefore, we expose you to a variety of professors and guest lecturers, each with their own viewpoint.
We care about your experience and want you to gain from our expertise. We ask you to evaluate each session and professor. We welcome questions and comments about each class.
GFCP - How You Will Benefit
The goal of this program is to help you sharpen your financial competency and skills. During the course of this uniquely designed program, you will:
- Be updated on the latest trends and techniques in the area of financial management.
- Gain a working knowledge of relevant financial concepts and methodologies that can be applied to your current business situations.
- Enhance your career growth opportunities.
- Participate in stimulating classroom discussions with a diverse group of expert academics and accomplished business executives who bring their collective experience and perspectives to bear on a range of business issues.
- Network constructively with executives, managers, and entrepreneurs from a wide range of companies, industries, and backgrounds.
- Broaden your financial horizon \"today\" – instead of \"someday.\"
- Acquire a much valued \"Graduate Finance Certificate\" from SMU’s renowned Cox School of Business.
- If you are a member of the Texas Society of CPAs, you will earn Continuing Education Credit.
- For doctors who are members of the Dallas County Medical Society, 12 hours of informal CME\'s are available for each trimester.
GFCP - Content
Executives in the program are exposed to a wide range of topics so that they can acquire the financial information and skills essential for success. Supplementary readings are provided to allow you to explore topics of interest in greater depth. Audio and/or video tapes are available for any session that you miss.
We believe the presentation of broad theory, applied to specific cases and examples, provides the most immediate results for our participating executives, their careers, and their companies.
About the School
Founded in 1920, the SMU Cox School of Business equips students with the skills, knowledge, and experiences they need to succeed in business. Major publications, including BusinessWeek, The Economist, ... Read More