In today's rapidly changing and highly competitive environment, the human resource function plays an increasingly important role in an organisation's ultimate success or failure. Where success was once dependent upon an organisation's ability to discover and manage natural resources, success today goes to the organisations that most effectively discover and manage their human resources.
Though organisations widely recognise the need to attract, manage and develop people, today HR professionals must strive to do much more. They must enable their organisation to build global HR networks in order to expand and prosper in the international arena. They must also develop human resources that continually build competitive advantage in an ever-changing environment. And, they must add value to the organisation's distinctive competencies. This programme, being offered by the University of Michigan Business School, teaches state-of-the-art HR practices that will secure your organisation's competitive position and enhance your career. As a participant in the programme, you will learn to align your organisation's HR practices with your overall strategy, create a customer-focused culture, articulate the value of HR investments for your business, apply the latest techniques to HR management and focus on human resource issues via-a-vis cross-cultural management in a cosmopolitan work environment like in the Middle East.
Who Should Attend
This programme is primarily designed for middle to senior level human resource professionals as well as senior functional executives in both private and public sector organisations and institutions including, but not limited to,
- Senior decision makers, such as directors, chief executive officers and presidents, whose roles in today's environment requires a more in-depth knowledge of the value derived from human capital, and hence of the role played by human resources in strategic decision making and overall organisational alignment.
- Middle to senior executives (from such areas as marketing, manufacturing, engineering, sales, administration and strategy, as well as general managers who have been promoted through these routes) who would like to play a more effective role in improving their organisation's human capital and aligning it with their overall strategy
- Those responsible for the design and development of human resource strategies. Previous participants of this programme held worldwide include vice presidents of human resources, directors of human resources, directors of human resource strategy, human resource managers, recruitment directors and managers, directors of performance management, vice presidents of organisational effectiveness and development. HR generalists at every level shall also benefit by attending this unique programme. You should be familiar with HR areas and be ready to adopt new perspectives.
The Human Resource Executive Programme teaches state-of-the-art HR practices that will secure your organisation's competitive position and enhance your career. As a participant in the programme, you will learn to:
- Access current HR management practices and formulate plans for their improvement
- Apply the latest and state-of-the-art techniques in human resource management
- Articulate the value of HR investments for your organisation
- Create a customer-focused culture
- Create and align your HR strategies with key organisational strategies
- Identify HR problem areas and provide alternative solutions that facilitate management processes.
- Recognise how future trends in linking strategy and HR management may impact your organisation
This programme is designed to enhance your skills as a generalist as well as provide you with the latest tools needed to succeed in your career.
Last updated April 18, 2018