Human Resource Practice – Level 1
- Course Code: HR103A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2625
The Organisational Context
- Characteristics of organizations
- What should an HR practitioner achieve?
- Organising the HR function
- Trade unions
- Jobs with repetitive activities
- Administrative and technical work, and delivery of services
- Professional and managerial jobs
- The organisation chart
- Job evaluation
Recruitment and Selection
- Workforce planning
- The recruitment and selection process
- Making the appointment
- Performance management vs. performance appraisal
- Interviewing skills
- Pay systems and structures
- Linking pay with performance
- Non-pay rewards
- Making pay decisions
This HR generalist training is suitable for:
- HR officers and managers who are newly appointed to the role and who lack previous generalist experience.
- HR assistants, administrators and PAs who support more senior HR staff.
- Employees working for new but rapidly expanding organizations who acquire responsibility for establishing and formalizing HR policies, procedures, and practices.
- Staff who work in HR-related areas.
- Staff who work in specialist areas of HR practice, such as training, employee relations or job evaluation, who wish to progress into or have more knowledge of generalist roles.
- Line managers or supervisors who have responsibility for HR activities.
- Owners or managers of small businesses who have overall responsibility for the ‘people element’ within them.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to understand:
- The broader aspects surrounding the HR function, as well as the wide range of activities involved in its execution.
- The importance of good job analysis in relation to HR activities.
- The processes of recruitment, selection, making an offer, induction, and evaluation.
- The broader concept of performance management.
- Why reward is such an important issue.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
Program taught in:
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 23, 2018
This course is
July 15, 2019
Nov 4, 2019