Communications, Arts and Humanities Division
The Liberal Arts Transfer Program includes the General Education core and additional required courses that give students the basis of a liberal education. The program teaches students how to understand deeply and communicate clearly in ways appropriate for a good citizen and scholar. To that end, students will study communication, arts, literature, language, math, and social and natural sciences. The range of courses allows students to explore disciplines and interdisciplinary thinking necessary for upper-level courses upon transfer.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate ways diverse disciplines reason, write, and reflect.
- Evaluate the impact of the arts and sciences on society.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through a variety of modalities.
- Show breadth of knowledge across the liberal arts.
- Identify the correlation between the liberal arts education and the potential for socially responsible choices.
- Recognize the value of cultural diversity and the arts.
About the School
Reading Area Community College (RACC) is an accredited, comprehensive, open-enrollment education institution that provides the following: Associate degree, Certificate and Diploma Programs; career-foc ... Read More