Management Skills Development
- Course Code: LSS103A
- Duration: 1 week
- Fee: £2625
Building Relationships by Communicating Supportively
- Building positive interpersonal relationships
- The importance of effective communication
- What is supportive communication?
- Principles of supportive communication
- The personal management interview
Gaining Power and Influence
- Building a strong power base and using influence wisely
- Is power a four-letter word?
- Abuse of power
- Influence strategies: the three Rs
- The pros and cons of each strategy
- Acting assertively: neutralising influence attempts
- Increasing motivation and performance
- Diagnosing work performance problems
- Enhancing individuals’ abilities
- Fostering a motivating work environment
- Elements of an effective motivation programme
- Interpersonal conflict management
- Diagnosing the types of interpersonal conflict
- Selecting the appropriate conflict management approach
- Resolving interpersonal confrontations
Solving Problems Analytically and Creatively
- Problems solving, creativity, and innovation
- Steps in analytical problem solving
- Impediments to creative problem solving
- Multiple approaches to creativity
- Conceptual blocks
- Conceptual blockbusting
- Hints for applying problem-solving techniques
- Fostering creativity in others
- Heads of organisations, chief officers, chairpersons, board members and directors.
- Heads of departments.
- Managers and executives.
- Those who wish to develop their interpersonal and personal skills.
- Those who wish to develop themselves as more competent and effective managers.
Upon completion of this management training courses, you will be able to:
- Build supportive relationships even when delivering negative feedback.
- Avoid defensiveness and disconfirmation in interpersonal communication.
- Improve the ability to apply principles of supportive communication.
- Improve relationships by using personal management interviews.
- Enhance personal and positional and power.
- Use influence appropriately to accomplish exceptional work.
- Neutralise inappropriate influence attempts.
- Diagnose work performance problems.
- Enhance the work-related abilities of others.
- Foster a motivating work environment.
- Diagnose the focus and source of conflicts.
- Utilise appropriate conflict management strategies.
- Resolve interpersonal confrontations through collaboration.
- Increase proficiency in analytical problem-solving.
- Recognise personal conceptual blocks.
- Enhance creativity by overcoming conceptual blocks.
- Foster innovation among others.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 30 hours of classroom-based training
- Apple iPad
Program taught in:
See 131 more programs offered by London Business Training & Consulting »
Last updated September 22, 2018
This course is
July 22, 2019
July 22, 2019
Nov 18, 2019