Payroll & Employment
This course is recommended to those individuals who want a career in salaries and wages or are experienced workers who are preparing for alternative certification in this area. This course is offered through certificate program for professional development.
This course focuses on taxation process, the filing of certain forms and relations of payroll with other business systems such as HR. Students will be part of an active participation in presentations with a diversity of payroll systems as part of the course's syllabus.
- Introduction to Payroll;
- List number of important mandatory records necessary for payroll;
- Documentation of employees’ payroll records
- Record and insert data from time sheets/vacation sheets correctly
- An overview of the various Tax rates, Social Security & Maternity Funds contributions
- Calculation and recording of related Tax, SSC and MF contributions per employee
- Government bonuses & Fringe benefits
- Processing of termination payments correctly within the stipulated time;
- Preparation of a payslip; identify the difference between Gross pay & Net pay
- Self-cross-checking of calculations and workings;
- Preparation of the final payroll list for all employees;
- Adhere to the Government law affecting the payroll process;
- Completion & filing of the various FSS records
Essential Human Resources (HR) Course
This course is recommended to those individuals who want a career leading to HR assistants, HR administrators, and even HR officers.
Discover…The Role Of HR In Business, Understanding Work Contracts, Recruiting The Right Person For The Right Role, Managing HR Records, Do’s And Don’ts Of Ending The Employee Relationship…In This Essential HR Training….Guaranteed ”
An introduction to HR; purpose and importance of HR within the company
- Different employment contracts available (definite/indefinite/different probation periods)
- Procedure to follow when you are employing/registering or terminating employees (engagement/termination forms, JobsPlus, SSC Department & Inland Revenue)
- An insight into the employment law & employment conditions (DIER)
- Maintaining HR records (employment files, vacation leave & sick leave records)
Duration 30 days
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification but a basic knowledge of English is mandatory.