Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician - Automation and Robotics Centennial College
The Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician - Automation and Robotics program will focus on automated systems, which are at the heart of virtually all advanced manufacturing industries. The School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science undertaking will offer you a thorough understanding of theory, along with practical, hands-on laboratory experience. It will place an emphasis on the basic technology used in building and operating automated industrial systems: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and robotics. While you will be prepared after two years of study to build a rewarding career in the field of automation and robotics, the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician - Automation and Robotics program will also give you an option for further study. You may complete additional study in the three-year Automation and Robotics Technology program, which will explore the field of precision controls and the total electronic integration of modern, complex automated systems through industry-leading field placements.
- The Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician - Automation and Robotics program will provide in-depth study ranging from fundamentals to advanced systems.
- You will gain hands-on experience in programmable logic controllers (PLCs), robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics.
- The widely used technologies with which you will become familiar are applicable to many different industries.
- A strong on-campus Automation and Robotics Student Society will organize events such as career nights and industrial visits.
- This School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science program holds key-
- Robotics Technician
- PLC Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler
- Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Electro-Mechanical Technician
- Fluid Power Technician
- Inside Sales
- Field Service Technician
Areas of Employment
Upon completion of this School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science program, you will be in high demand throughout the manufacturing sector, including areas such as:
- Consumer goods
- Movie and entertainment industries
In these areas, you may work in technical sales and service, manufacturing and maintenance and integration (automation houses).
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.