Graduate Certificate in
Graduate Certificate In Insurance Management Centennial College
- Program Code: 2890
- School: The Business School
- Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
- Program Length: 1 years/ 2 semesters
- Location: Progress Campus
The Insurance Management program is a two-semester graduate certificate program focused on training college or university graduates in claims investigations and adjusting, underwriting, and brokering relationships within the property and casualty insurance sector.
This program, offered by The Business School, will provide you with a strong educational base in various aspects of insurance and prepare you to effectively function in the insurance industry, leading to supervisory, management, or specialist positions in business, government, and service organizations. You'll be able to explain how the business of insurance works as well as define and explain the importance of property and liability insurance. Upon graduation, you'll have acquired sufficient competency to be considered for employment in the property and casualty insurance sectors.
By including seven (7) of the ten (10) insurance industry-specific courses (the maximum the Insurance Institute of Canada, or IIC, allows), Centennial College's Insurance Management program will also provide a pathway to the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation. You'll be able to take the three remaining courses through the IIC. Please visit the Insurance Institute for all details regarding professional designation.
- You must join IIC (at no cost) when starting the Insurance Management graduate certificate program and maintain the free IIC membership for the duration of your full-time studies.
- You'll be required to purchase insurance industry textbooks and resources directly through IIC, and to register and pay fees for the insurance industry exams through the IIC based on registration timelines strictly adhered to by the IIC (normally at the midpoint of the semester).
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
| || |
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Analyze claim data to ensure alignment of claim strategies with Canadian and Global economic principles.
- Manage and execute claims investigation and settlement using current management techniques to mitigate various categories of risk.
- Assess and apply accounting and economics principles to manage risk within multiple industry sectors.
- Evaluate the clauses, terms, and conditions of various insurance policy wordings to determine the coverage for claims settlements, including complex claims.
- Investigate conflicts, unethical conduct, or breaches of an established process to address the adjustment, negotiation, and settlement of an insurance claim.
- Evaluate claims to determine compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines and industry-specific legislation.
- Develop and customize property, casualty, and automobile insurance programs/plans consistent with customer needs.
- Develop strategies for personal, career, and entrepreneurial growth/development to enhance work performance and maintain currency with the insurance industry.
Centennial College's Graduate Certificate in Insurance Management offers a pathway for Financial Services and Community and Health Studies diploma graduates to specialize in a growing economic sector. Insurance Management program graduates will have the option of partially completing the academic requirements for Canadian Insurance Profession (CIP) designation through the Insurance Institute of Canada (IIC).
- Claims Adjusting
- Customer Service
- All-State Insurance
- Aviva Canada
- RSA Canada
- Crawford & Company
- Desjardins General Insurance
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.