Intensive Professional English Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Intensive Professional English
Designed for working professionals and university graduates, the Intensive Professional English program offers opportunities to refine your English skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. You’ll also develop your knowledge of American business culture and public policy practices. While exploring these fields, the program emphasizes the critical leadership and networking skills you need for success. Offered as 8-week modules, each professional module is independent and may be taken separately or as a sequence.
As a student in the fall modules, you’ll study the principles of American business practices while networking and interacting with native English speakers in professional settings. You’ll also analyze case studies, develop business plans, and explore topics such as microfinance, negotiation, and business ethics.
As a student in the spring modules, you’ll study the principles of organizational behavior, public policy, and nonprofit administration, with a focus on leadership and community engagement. You’ll engage in independent field work involving the nonprofit sector and have opportunities to visit government agencies at the local, state, and federal level.
- Ideal for University graduates with advanced English skills
- Format: On-campus
- Tuition: $4,668
- Visa Support: Yes
- Program Start: August, October, January, March
- Duration: 8 weeks; full-time Monday through Friday
As a participant in the program, you will:
- Develop an advanced level of English proficiency for professional purposes
- Develop extensive practice in professional reading and writing
- Conduct supervised field experience in which you use your English skills outside the classroom
- Participate in organized cultural activities
- Experience a vibrant university community
Program Dates 2020-2021
- August 24, 2020–October 16, 2020
- October 19, 2020–December 11, 2020
- January 11, 2021–March 5, 2021
- March 15, 2021–May 7, 2021