Associate of Science in
Associate of Science in Industrial Design Engineering Mt. San Antonio College
This program is designed to prepare the student for a career in a wide range of industries including product and industrial design firms and fabrication and manufacturing companies. Students are introduced to product development from design through prototyping and fabrication for manufacturing.
Portfolio or prototype development is required on each of the semester levels. In the Level Three certificate and AS Degree course work, this will culminate in a final “senior project,” which is a portfolio that includes two and three-dimensional design, documentation (accountability measures), presentation, and fabrication. This project will demonstrate the student’s mastery of the concepts and methodologies learned during the program.
Students desiring a Bachelor’s Degree should consult with a counselor or an educational advisor to discuss the transferability of courses.
This degree requires the completion of General Education coursework plus the following:
- IDE 110 Design Foundation-Visual Literacy 3
- IDE 120 Introduction to CAD 3
- IDE 130 Introduction to Shop Processes 3
- IDE 150 Design Foundation II 3
- IDE 160 Intermediate CAD 3
- IDE 170 Introduction to Prototyping 3
- IDE 210 Advanced Media 3
- IDE 220 Advanced CAD 3
- IDE 230 Introduction to Mechanical Principles 3
- IDE 250 Product Design and Viability 6
- IDE 270 Manufacturing Processes and Materials 3
Total Units 36
- ELEC 50A Electronic Circuits - Direct Current (DC) 4
- ELEC 81 Laboratory Studies in Electronics Technology 1-2
- MATH 51 Elementary Algebra 4
- PHYS 1 Physics 4
- WELD 30 Metal Sculpture 2
- WELD 40 Introduction to Welding 2