Innovative. Student-centered. World-class faculty.
At Peninsula College, our unique environment encourages you to explore new possibilities. The college is innovative and student-centered with excellent faculty and small classes. Our learning facilities feature striking architecture and classrooms with advanced instructional technology and equipment. We offer international learning experiences and are actively involved in our local community. What’s more, we provide many extra-curricular opportunities: championship athletic teams, student clubs and activities, and an array of cultural and fine arts events throughout the year.
The World Is Your Classroom
At Peninsula College, learning is not confined to enclosed classrooms or the lecture hall. Instead, the entire campus and the Olympic Peninsula become teaching laboratories as students and faculty move outdoors to take full advantage of all that our unique area has to offer.
Anyone familiar with the college would not be surprised to find a language, philosophy, or literature class meeting in the middle of the college plaza on a bright sunny day, or to see our incredible PC Jazz Ensemble performing in front of the Pirate Union Building (PUB) Student Center. Nor is it unusual to find small groups of students and their teachers embarking at dawn for field trips to the nearby ocean, Olympic National Park, or the rain forests to discover and study native marine life, fauna, and flora in their natural habitats.
You can even spend one or more quarters studying in another country if you choose or take language and cultural classes from visiting professors from other countries. At Peninsula College we have developed a special educational experience carefully designed for student success.
Peninsula College educates diverse populations of learners through community-engaged programs and services that advance student equity and success.
- Advancing Student Success
- Achieving Academic Excellence
- Fostering Equity and Inclusion
- Strengthening Communities
Peninsula College is a destination of cultural and environmental diversity where academic excellence transforms students’ lives and strengthens communities.
The college community is guided by the following principles:
- The teaching/learning process is at the center of the mission of Peninsula College.
- Members of the campus community will treat each other with mutual respect and dignity.
- Members of the campus community will be open and honest in their communications.
- Members of the campus community shall promote a positive work environment and avoid adversarial relationships.
- Each member of the campus community shall act ethically and with integrity.
- The campus will engage in collaborative decision-making processes.