The Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) is built on passion — shared by our students, faculty, and staff — to shape new worlds as entrepreneurs, leaders and community builders.
Shape your world
Established in 1916, SAIT in Calgary, Canada is a global leader in applied education and offers 100+ career programs, 1,300+ continuing education courses and corporate training courses to more than 200 companies annually.
SAIT students study within eight academic schools — Business, Construction, Energy, Health and Public Safety, Hospitality and Tourism, Information and Communications Technologies, Manufacturing and Automation and Transportation.
Hands-on learning in unique labs and classrooms, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations with industry partners ensure SAIT students are career-ready when they graduate.
graduate employment rate
largest post-secondary in Alberta
of grads would recommend SAIT
SAIT prepares you for your career by offering programs through our eight schools — all focusing on a different field. Within each school, instructors bring their industry expertise to students who learn through a combination of theory and action-based learning.
Our schools are equipped with state-of-the-art labs, allowing you to get hands-on experience using real-world equipment to train you for a career in your chosen field.
|MacPhail School of Energy
|School of Business
|School of Construction
|School of Health and Public Safety
|Find a career in the energy sector by learning hands-on, industry-guided training in labs that mimic job site environments. MacPhail School of Energy prepares students for careers in all sectors of the energy industry.
|We deliver cutting-edge business programs that inspire learners and leaders to take action and get results.
|At SAIT you're provided with the foundations to build a rewarding career in one of the largest sectors of the Canadian economy.
|Prepare for a dynamic career in the health care sector, where we offer specialized training for many health and wellness professions.
|School of Hospitality and Tourism
|School of Information and Communications Technologies
|School of Manufacturing and Automation
|School of Transportation
|Named one of the Top 50 Hospitality and Hotel Management schools in the world, boost your career with us.
|Join one of our diverse programs offered in the fields of information technologies and media technologies.
|We provide skills-based training to prepare you for a career in oil and gas, transportation, manufacturing, and automation.
|Gain hands-on learning skills, and practical education for the automotive, aviation, heavy equipment and rail industries.
To be a global leader in applied education.
We believe in:
- Excellence as demonstrated by fresh thinking, best practices, entrepreneurial initiatives, bold solutions to new opportunities and fiscal responsibility.
- Collaboration and we work together as a learning community to serve our students and partners.
- Fairness modeled by honest and ethical dealings in our relationships with students, employees, and partners.
As a SAIT graduate, you belong to a proud community of SAIT alumni ― You are a member of the SAIT Alumni Family, a network of more than 247,000 graduates around the world.
Enjoy access to exclusive perks, events, contests, and unique volunteer opportunities. We invite you to stay connected.
As a member of the SAIT Alumni Family, we're proud to provide you with many exclusive benefits and services.
Graduating from SAIT means you are a lifelong member of an exclusive club associated with Canada's premier polytechnic. You're connected to a network of over 248,000 highly-skilled professionals across Canada and around the world.
Benefits and services for SAIT graduates
As a member of the SAIT Alumni Family, we're proud to provide you with many exclusive benefits and services, including:
- Preferred rates on home, auto, and life insurance
- SAIT Career Advancement Centre services
- Discounted fitness membership at SAIT
- Alumni publications
- Alumni contests
- Other campus services
- Alberta's Top 70 Employers
- Top 50 Research Colleges in Canada
- Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Alberta's Best Workplace for Training and Development
- Alberta's Best Workplace for Employee Benefits
- Premier's Award for Healthy Workplaces
Winter 21 International Student Entrance Award
Award Value(s): $2,000 each this is a one time award, total value $34,000
- For an International student entering their program in the Winter 2021 term
- Eligible students must be studying in-person on one of SAIT’s Calgary campuses
- Financial need
- Please describe how you will improve the SAIT Student Community as a whole in 250-350 words
- Preference given to students attending SAIT who come from previously identified emerging markets
- Apply on-line thorugh your Mysait.ca account
- Deadline for students to apply: December 15, 2020
- The department will score the student award nominees based on specific criteria
- SAIT’s Alumni and Development personnel will determine the award recipient based on all criteria components