About South & City College
South and City College Birmingham is a vocational college which offers students part time, full time and Apprenticeship courses from level 1 to higher education in a range of subjects.
We are committed to ensuring students have the relevant skills, qualifications, and experience required for their future, whether that is to seek employment or continue their education at college or university.
We have exceptional facilities which we continue to invest in, including a purpose, built construction centre, hair and beauty salons which are open to the public, a fine dining restaurant run by students, music and sound recording rooms, an industry standard auditorium and much more.
The college is actively involved in the community, with local businesses and has excellent links with industry; this not only allows us to provide excellent opportunities for our students to gain work experience placements, Apprenticeships and job opportunities but for the college to help employers ensure they have the skilled workforce needed for the future.
Mission, Vision & Values
South & City College Birmingham is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 2006. In return, the college has a commitment to deliver a significant, measurable, public benefit to its local community. In considering its vision, mission and values, South & City College Birmingham has had due regard of the Charity Commission's guidance on a report this public benefit.
To provide outstanding education and training which is primarily vocational, in response to the needs of learners and employers
To continue to develop and be recognised as an outstanding educational and economic resource by learners, staff, employers and the wider community
- believes that its learners are the most important members of the College and that it is the responsibility of all College staff to help them achieve their full potential
- Is proud of the diversity of its college community and strives to be a socially inclusive organisation that recognises, values and celebrates individual differences, where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential
- is opposed to all forms of violent, abusive and discriminatory behaviour
- is proud of the fact that it is an inclusive, learning organisation and believes that all of its members are entitled to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. Furthermore, they are entitled to work and study in a welcoming, safe and supportive environment
- values its staff and governors, will help them develop their skills and expertise, and will do its utmost to provide a good working environment
- welcomes all who would benefit from the opportunity to study at, or be trained by, the College, irrespective of their backgrounds
- believes in the local economy and wants to support local people and businesses
The college creates public value by:
- Ensuring local people are skilled for employment
- Promoting equality and diversity
- Actively working with businesses to create partnerships and encourage apprenticeships and work placements for students
- Supporting local community-based projects and charities
- Working supportively with the local community.
- Working in partnership with schools and universities
- Delivering a curriculum suitable for local needs
- Opening facilities to the public which are run by students
- Training Hairdressing facilities open to the public at discounted prices
- Promoting Apprenticeships, training and recruitment
- Contributing to the economy as a major employer.