Postgraduate Diploma in
Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering Management UC Riverside Extension
Establish your capacity for leadership in the engineering field. Stabilize your understanding of management skills in an American workplace. Build on that foundation with aspects related to engineering, including branding and marketing, technology trends, and cultural diversity. Further your engineering knowledge with up to 13 units of your choice of engineering electives and apply your collection of skills in a quarter-long internship at a corporation or business.
What You'll Learn
- Various fundamental and contemporary skills related to leadership and management
- Special topics in engineering based on electives of your choosing
- Methods to refining your professional image through your portfolio and personal marketing skills
- Best practices for the application of your management skills through an internship at an active business
Where to Stay
International Village (IV)
- Conveniently located next to the UCR Extension Center, restaurants, banks, and the main UCR campus
- Offers three types of living arrangements: studio, single, or double
- Open year-round
- For adult students (age 18 or older) only
- Stay with an American family to practice English daily and learn about American life and customs
- Fully-furnished room; double-occupancy
- All meals and daily transportation (to/from school or school-related activities) included
- Minimum age 14
- No minimum stay
Social & Cultural Activities
Make the most of your California experience!
Riverside has a friendly community and a centralized location. Travel an hour in any direction to explore Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs, and other famous destinations.
Fill your weekends with:
- Unforgettable places, events, and cultural immersion activities
- FREE social events to make professional connections
- Optional trips at a special student rate
Before You Apply
You will be asked to create an account and you will need to provide a valid email address, mailing address and other personal information.
Collect any required documents so that you are prepared to upload them.
- Agency/embassy/partner university information. (Only required if you have one.)
- Copy of your passport photo page.
- Statement of Financial Support Form. (Only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa)
- Financial statement from the Bank, in English. (Only if your program requires an F-1 (student) visa)
- If you are applying as an F-1 transfer student from another U.S. institution, you must submit copies of your current I-20 form, I-94 form, and F-1 visa. If you are accepted, your acceptance letter will provide further instructions on completing your transfer.
- If you are under 18 years old, have your parents complete the parental release form.
Note: Some programs require additional documentation.
“Enrich your life and transform your future by studying in the heart of Southern California. Employers all over the world recognize the University of California as the gold standard in academics. Experience YOUR California dream at sunny UCR - your place to shine.”
Dr. Jean-Bernard Adrey
Associate Dean, International Education, UCR Extension Professional Studies
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.