The Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures offers a high-quality Spanish Program to the international community and foreigners living in Colombia. Classes are carried out on the university campus in an academic, safe and excellent service environment.
School students, university and college students, young people, adults, professionals and executives will find our courses their best option to improve communicative competences in the language and will have the opportunity to learn about the Colombian and Latin American culture.
All Spanish courses are complemented with a great variety of cultural activities and extracurricular courses that enrich the experience. Participants are also offered flexibility in the number of weeks they want to study and the starting date of the course. Classes start every week on Monday.
Learn Spanish with us. Fall in love with Colombia and its culture.
About our courses
You will work on the 4 language skills: writing, speaking, reading and listening (you will practice all the time new vocabulary and grammar). We will provide you with the class guides, so you won’t have to buy any extra material; you will just need a dictionary.
Our courses are very flexible, you can choose how many weeks to study and when to start. Classes start every Monday, so you can choose the date to start your course.
We have different courses that you can choose from:
- General Spanish course (15 hours of Spanish classes per week)
- Intensive Spanish Course (20 hours of Spanish classes per week)
- General Spanish Course + volunteer work
- One on one lessons
The cost varies depending on the number of weeks you will study with us and the type, of course, you will take.
You can join some of the courses that the Universidad de La Sabana has for its students. Let us know which topics you are interested in, so we can find you a course. This course will not have grades, it’s only for attendance and it doesn’t imply an extra cost.
*This only applies for students that stay 2 months or more.
Once a week we plan optional cultural activities, like visiting museums, natural parks, Bogota ´s downtown, restaurants, among others. *Only some activities are included in the price.
Once a week Latino American dancing classes are given. No extra cost for this activity.
The University is located in Chía, just 7 kilometres from Bogotá. It has a beautiful Campus with excellent facilities.
In La Sabana, there is a great academic environment and many different activities to do. Besides that, Bogotá is a cosmopolitan city that offers visitors many options for entertainment, sports, nightlife, restaurants and activities.
How to enrol now?
1. Fill in the registration form attached.
2. Take the placement test (Via Skype or in-site). We will need to schedule an interview on skype to determine your Spanish level this will take 15 minutes. Please let us know which day works the best for you.
3. Make the payment of the course (the number of weeks that you have chosen). In the event that you have already started the Program and decide to increase the number of weeks, the cost per week will be cheaper.
Payment can be made by:
Bank transfer: Please ask for the codes of the University with which you can make the payment in the bank of your preference in your country, this payment is only for USD
To pay in Colombian Pesos you can:
1. Deposit in any bank Bancolombia in Colombia
2. Cash or credit card in the University
Once you make the payment, please send a copy to my email and I will send you the letter of acceptance and the Certificate of the University for your Visa if it is needed. Also please send us a copy of your passport.
4. Have a PIP (Entry and Permanence Permit) or Student Visa.
If you are going to stay in Colombia for less than 3 months and you are resident of a country that does not need Tourist Visa to visit Colombia. Please print the letter of acceptance and show it to the Immigration Officer at El Dorado airport in Bogota; you will get the PIP 5 stamp in your passport, which means "Entry and Permanence Permit "and is used for people who are going to make short courses. These two options allow you to study in Colombia.
5. Have a health insurance and accidents policy with international coverage and available for the time you plan to stay in the country and send a scanned copy to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs taught in: