SOS - School of Sustainability - based in Bologna, Italy, is a post graduate practice academy by Mario Cucinella focused on training emerging professionals in the field of sustainability.
SOS is open to recent graduates and industry partners to develop innovative projects with a positive impact on society, the economy and the environment through education, practice and research.
SOS is a creative laboratory born in close collaboration with Mario Cucinella Architects (MCA), where training is inspired by the active projects and expertise in a professional practice setting.
Provide the highest quality practice-based experience and opportunities for the next generation of professionals.
Serve as a nexus for the exchange of knowledge for the building industry, the community and the profession.
Develop a culture of responsible and sustainable design methods, processes and practices.
To Design the Future
- To advance a humanistic approach in architecture and urban design while addressing our present and future challenges
- To advance architecture’s cultural, social, economic and environmental impact, relevance and value
- To define processes of transformation for a sustainable world and lead systemic change through collaboration
To Define the Future
- Of professional education through a revolutionary model of integrated education/ research/practice
- Of practice by transforming the professional development path and changing to an open and shared culture
- Of the profession by repositioning architects through innovative and intelligent driven strategies
To Imagine a future where
- The intelligent investment of design positions us as global experts, leaders and stewards of the environment;
- The design delivers the outstanding quality that is responsive and sustainable;
- All stakeholders are involved in the initiation of the project;
- Decisions are performance-based and value-driven;
- All communications throughout the design and building process are clear, concise, open, transparent and trusting;
- Outcomes are innovative and visionary.
- A professional school aimed at recent graduates to build experience in a setting that integrates education, research and practice.
- A comprehensive program, combining principles with a practice-based approach to the design and application of the most advanced methods, processes and tools.
- A training opportunity distinguished by its main focus on the application of sustainable architecture, from urban to product scale, from developing to advanced communities.
- By embracing global challenges at a local scale through co-design and public participation.
- At the intersection of academic and research institutions, government, industry, professional organizations and the public.
- At the forefront of practice-based use-inspired research for the built environment industry and the profession.
- Recent Graduates and Emerging Professionals into the Next Generation of Leaders.
SOS offers VALUE
- SOS is founded on the collaboration, interaction and partnering of a wide range of experts, individuals, groups and organizations.
- The SOS experience offers each and all a unique value.