Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is one of 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System and is dedicated to serving Buncombe and Madison counties. Originally funded by a bond election, the institution was established on April 3, 1958, as the Asheville Industrial Education Center and began serving students on September 1, 1959. The name was changed to Asheville-Buncombe Techni-cal Institute on January 9, 1964, after N.C. General Assembly approved legislation creating N.C. Community College System. This legislation enabled the College to confer the Associate in Applied Science degree for the first time at graduation ceremonies in August 1964.
28801 Asheville, North Carolina, USA