The ultimate university experience awaits you this summer at the University of California, Irvine, recognized globally for its excellence in academics and research. Our ranking as 9th among the nation’s best public universities, according to the annual U.S. News & World Report, is a testament to the caliber of our academic reputation. UC Irvine combines the strengths of a large, dynamic research university with the friendly feel of a small college, and incredible bounty of an incomparable Southern California location.
More than 12,000 students study at UCI during the summer. Join us to be a part of this diverse student population!
- Money magazine ranked UCI 13th among the nation’s four-year colleges and universities delivering the most value, 3rd best public university in the nation and the #1 university for beach lovers
- #9 among the nation’s best public universities by U.S. News & World Report
- The Paul Merage School of Business is ranked among the top business schools by U.S. News and World Report, Business Week, and the Financial Times
- #1 out of 179 schools in a New York Times measure of access to college for lower-and middle-income students
- 3 UC Irvine researchers have been awarded Nobel Prizes
- Irvine is the safest big city in America for 10 consecutive years Federal Bureau of Investigation Students at UCI come from across the U.S. and over 87 countries are represented
Southern California is a major tourist destination with amazing arts, culture, and adventure all within short distances of each other. Irvine has a domestic airport and trains so students can travel within California or the U.S. relatively quickly.
Living at UCI
Arroyo Vista Housing is a short walk to classes and the Univesity Town Center.
By living on campus, you will be part of our multi-cultural community and will meet, study, and develop friendships with other students. On-campus housing is available for all registered domestic and international Summer Session students.Welcome Weekend -- Arrival and Orientation
When you first arrive, Summer Session staff will greet you at the airport and take you to your residence halls. They will help you check-in, pick-up your keys, and settle in. You will meet your new housemates and have some time to relax before our group dinner.
On your first Sunday, we hold a mandatory orientation. Learn about academic expectations and resources, immigration, safety, and American culture. You will also get to meet all of the international students, program mentors, and staff. See where your classes are located and learn about the many trips and activities.
University of California Irvine
92616-6050 Irvine, California, USA